Saturday, July 9, 2011

~A Firefly Summer~

I spent last night with the boy doing all the things summer is about...and loving every minute of it.  It occured to me that this summer has really started to fly by.  I let myself get caught up in work and worries, and I don't stop enough to savor the sweet moments of summer.  I know I am not the only one.  As I went for my run this morning, I started thinking of all the things I love about summer and my wish for the rest of the season and the wish for my readers. 

Here is my wish:

I wish for you a firefly summer.

I wish you tanned legs and a cute pair of espadrilles to show them off...

I wish you mornings at the dog park and afternoons at the pool...

I wish you the perfect summer sundress that shows off your tan and makes you feel beautiful...

 
I wish you a summer romance that makes your heart skip a beat....
I wish you dancing under the stars and nights that you wish would never end.
I wish for you scents that make you feel unbridled nostalgia...charcoal and fresh cut grass, saltwater and sunscreen.


 
I wish you mason jars filled with sweet tea and lemonade and the shade of a tree thats been growing long before you were a blink in your parents' eyes...

I wish you nights on patios were the wine is abundant and friends that make you laugh so hard you feel your soul could burst...

I wish you summer concerts and days were you could drive forever with the windows down and James Taylor on your radio...

I wish you farmers markets and strawberries so perfect you think God put a little piece of heaven in each bite...

I wish you sunday brunches and weekend nights were the grill is hot and the grillmaster is even hotter....

I wish that the mosquitos are kind to you and the sun is kinder...and I wish you an endless supply of bug spray and aloe vera in case they are not...

I wish you sunrises that renew your spirit and sunsets that take your breath away....


I wish you a summer book you can get lost in and a nap in a hammock...

I wish you a run through the sprinklers and a sip from the garden hose...

I wish you frozen margaritas and home-made salsa....

I wish you rocking chairs and front porch swings, and a wave from all the passers-by...


I wish you summer weddings where you watch your friends and family embrace love and a new life....

I wish you three-day weekends and afternoon naps....

I wish you still evenings where the only sound for miles come from crickets and cicadas...

I wish you sun-kissed cheeks and hair, and a worn in pair of cut-off jean shorts...
I wish you floppy straw hats and bare feet...

I wish you morning runs and bike rides that quiet your mind, and the sound of acoustic guitar....

I wish you quiet nights outside with someone you love, and the music of Ray Lamontagne and James Morrison....

But most of all, I wish you evenings in your backyard where the fireflies light up the sky like twinkly lights at Christmas....

Happy Firefly summer everyone...

....enjoy it.  It goes too fast....




2 comments:

Erin said...

Girl, I love this post. You are such a great writer and give me such inspiration. Thanks for the wishes-I would be one happy camper if I fulfilled all of them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend love :)

The Pink Owl said...

Great post! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved