Monday, April 16, 2012

Bridal Shower Weekend

Hey kids...I bet you $20 your weekend wasn't as good as mine.  Want proof?  Well for starters, I took the day off on Friday to get some wedding details taken care of, so right there you know I'm already winning...4-day work week is tough to beat.  We went to the rental company to look at tent lighting and checked out the florist as well, among other things.  I was absolutely amazed at the minutia of both really cool things as well as total crap they have at this rental showroom.  I never understood why someone would need to rent life size figurines of animals until later in the weekend we saw a full size metal horse wearing a top hat in Kroger...why?  Not sure, but I bet they got it from this place.  Also there was the rhinestone cat below...wonder how much this bad boy goes for?


The good news is that they have some beautiful chandeliers that may work for our tent...fingers crossed. 

Friday night was spent drinking a lil vino and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my sister, aunt, and nephew Mason, who were coming up from Atlanta to attend my shower.  It had been over two months since I got to kiss on his sweet little cheeks and it was pretty hard to contain myself.  I kid you not when I say that I had serious concerns that my sister had picked the wrong child up from daycare...that's how big he's gotten!  We pretty much fought all night over holding him and talking in our ridiculous "baby" voices.  I could not put my phone down around him - literally.  I have about 10 videos of the kid from the weekend and countless pics.  Check some of them out!






Saturday my sister, my aunt and me got up and went for a 3.7 mile run.  We made a great pace and were out the door on time (for the first time in the history of the universe) for my bridal shower.  Because of our busy schedules and having so many people in different locations, I just decided to have one wedding shower and leave it at that.  It was so amazing to have so many women I love in one place at the same time!  I loved being able to catch up with everyone and just relax for a few hours...it was really a great afternoon!  I felt like I was opening presents FOREVER though.  I am really glad I don't have to open the wedding gifts in front of an audience...I don't know why, but I found it a little uncomfortable after a while.  Am I crazy?  In all seriousness though...we got some amazing things!  I would say at least half of our registry has been fulfilled at this point which is amazing!  We are truly very blessed!



Chattin' it up and drinking some delicious white sangria :)

catching up during brunch

Me and Aunt Patty

Aunt Patty and Whit

AP with Grandma Jane

Before games and gifts...


My grandma being a great sport about being dressed up in toilet paper!

Miranda in her TP dress....gives her actual wedding dress a run for it's money!

My mom in a toilet paper wedding dress

Pottery Barn :)

My ribbon bouquet my sister made!

As you can see...my shower was pretty much amaze-balls.  When I got home from work today, I had another shower gift waiting for me on my doorstep along with my April birchbox!  A great day for mail if you ask me!

It was pretty tragic saying goodbye to my nephew on Sunday afternoon, but lucky for me I get to see him again this next weekend when me and the girls head to Atlanta for an intimate bachelorette bash for Miranda...can't wait!
P.S...just in case it wasn't as obvious to you as it was to me...isn't my little nephew nugget the CUTEST???

4 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

What a fun weekend! That baby is so stinking cute! And what a fabulous bridal shower!

Monica said...

Sounds like a great weekend and the shower looks like a lot of fun!

Amanda said...

What a great shower! Sounds like a fantastic weekend to me :)

Rachel said...

Looks like a great shower!
And stop my beating heart! That baby nephew is a doll!!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved