Friday, August 19, 2011

One of the girls...

I come from a long line of strong, loud, funny, and wild women.  It's true.  Out of sheer boredom (oh, did you not know I'm a loser with no life? ...well now you do) I was clicking through facebook pictures tonight and just laughing to myself at all the amazing times I've had with the women in my family. 

It's sort of a running theme 'round these here parts that the men who marry the women in my family are "saints".  I guess in a way it's true.  While most humans are made of like, 98% water, the women in my family are typically found to be 2% water, 50% sarcasm, and 48% wine.  It's just the way it is.  We are opinionated, always right (even when we are wrong, we're still right), bossy, and at times, downright mean.  But the truth of the matter is....we are pretty fun to be around too.  I bet if you asked any of the men who put up with us, and roll their eyes, and shake their heads, and throw their hands in the air at us on a daily basis...they would all say that every moment is 100% worth it. 

So, anyways, back to me and my random trip down facebook memory lane....here is a look at some of the women in my family...the good, the bad, the blonde, and the ridiculous:

Thanksgiving 2010...lil sis, me, big sis, mom

Christmas 2010...apparently we had an overwhelming need to "pose" in our Christmas pajamas...

...and speaking of "posing"....mom posing like a manequin in a window display in NYC...

big sis, Brynn, "warming up" outside of Radio City Music Hall in NYC for her performance with the Rockettes.

Love is all you need....NYC girls trip November 2010...big sis, aunt P, mom, aunt K, and me

Brynn and me with Aunt P before dinner!

Thanksgiving 2009 in Atlanta...cousin Becca, aunt K, lil sis, me, mom, big sis, grandma kissing aunt P...clearly....

Thanksgiving "girls shot" 2008 :-)

Christmastime 2010...this is just one in a series of "America's Next Top Model" poses...

Ummm....there's very little I can say about this except....this is what happens when the boys are in the basement, and the girls are left alone with several bottles of wine and a rousing game of cards....

mom and dad's housewarming October 2007....good times...




Aren't the women in my family adorbs??  Yeah, I think so too.  Oh, and in case you weren't aware, the little sis just turned 16... yep...I am officially feeling old as well as fearful for my life and anyone else on the roadways in KY.  Watch out! 

Anyways, as you can clearly see, we are a rare breed.  As ridiculous and every-changing as we are, two things remain constant...the more wine we drink, the louder and more high-pitched our voices get, and there's never a dull moment when you're with one of the gals in mi familia.

Happy Friday Chocolate Lovers!

1 comments:

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved