Monday, December 3, 2012

Post-Giving

Happy Monday friends!  My apologies for being a little late to the "Thanksgiving recap" posts...I guess I over-indulged a bit over the holiday (4 pies, 3 boxes of GiGis mini cupcakes and an entire batch of pumpkin cookies with frosting - and I had my share of all of them) and needed a week to recover from food shame. 

I just wanted to share a few pics from our weekend.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had some time in the midst of food and football for reflection on what it means to be truly thankful.

After spending the past 3 years in Georgia and Texas for the holiday, I was thrilled it was once again my parents who were hosting the festivities in Louisville.  We had about 20 people at our dinner and 17 players for our annual Thursday morning football game.  Last year my aunt got adorable aprons for all the gals and shirts for all the boys (the were going to the Texas vs Texas A&M game), I decided to order everyone gameday shirts this year.  I am happy to report that for the 5th year in a row, my mom was picked last by the team captains.  I am also happy to report that my team (The Wish Boners) won in a last minute touchdown play. 




After football, we all headed back to the house and showered up and hunkered down for some football.  I spent the rest of my morning working on a puzzle with my nephew and stuffing my face with chicken ball (sounds wierd, but its delicious).  We at dinner about 4:00, followed some rushed family photos before the sunset.

The whole crew!

The gals :)

Silly girl shot

Me and Husband

Close up...we like blue, I guess :)

Just my family!
All in all it was a wonderful weekend, and I wanted to cry when I had to get up at 6am on Monday.  Needless to say, the past week has been about begging my body for forgiveness.  After 3.5 weeks on the south beach diet leading up to Thanksgiving, even my 4 mile daily runs throughout the weekend did not make up for all the sweets.  No regrets though...holidays only happen once a year!

1 comments:

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

I ate way too many sweets, too! Love the pic of you and your hubby!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved