Thursday, March 1, 2012

An honest look at wedding vows...


A few weeks ago, the boy and I went and saw "The Vow" as an early Valentine's date.  While I wasn't all that impressed with the movie, it did get me thinking about our wedding vows and what kind of route we will end up taking with our vows on our wedding day.  We haven't talked a whole lot about them...whether we will write our own or stick with the traditional vows, but if I could be 100% real with my vows, they may go a little like this:


My dearest K...

I promise to love you all the days of my life, in spite of your morning breath....


I promise to, every so often, use ground beef instead of ground turkey when I make burgers and chili, even though we both know it's healthier my way...

I promise to resist the urge to rip your balls off and put them in that super awesome blender we registered for at Macy's if you continue to take the trash out without replacing the trash bag when you're done...

I promise to only get mad at your for leaving the toilet seat up on the occasions when I actually fall in...


I promise to never wear "mom jeans"...



I promise to always remember your birthday and celebrate the day you were born...

I promise to always make an effort to look nice for you...

I promise to not wear granny panties on date night...

I promise to love you, even if your idea of a "vacation" is a trip to Bass Pro Shop...

I promise that if Brad Pitt shows up at my doorstep, we will just have sex the one time...(the same goes for George Clooney, Jake Gyllenhal, Scott Speedman, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Robert Pattinson, and any other actor/singer/athlete of the yummy goodness persuasion)...


I promise to always apologize when I'm wrong...if that ever actually happens....


I promise to not kill you in your sleep, even if you continue to ignore my requests to get the half-dead aloe plant out of our living room...

I promise to always make a place for the things that are important to you in our home, even if they're ugly and they don't go with any of our stuff...

I promise to buy mayonnaise at the grocery when we run out, even though you know it repulses me...

I promise to always kiss you when you come home from work, even if I'm tired and annoyed and you had a tuna sandwich for lunch...


I promise to work on being patient...not just with you, but in all aspects of my life...

I promise to always love your "happy-go-lucky" nature, and to try to let it rub off on my every once in a while....

I promise to encourage you, build you up, support you, and reassure you in your moments of doubt...

I promise to always make our marriage my number one priority, even though work, kids, money, etc will make every effort to take it's place at the top of that list...

I promise not to make you watch the Harry Potter marathon every time it comes on ABC Family....


I promise to let you fill our DVR up with Nascar, even though I think it's a completely pointless sport...

I promise to pick my battles and remember that we're still learning about each other every day...

I promise to always be your best friend...

I promise that even if you get mauled by a wild bear and you lose your arms and legs, and your nose is where you mouth should be and your ears are your eyes, I will still think you are my handsome sexy man...

I promise to be understanding when you don't always say the right thing, because I know what's in your heart doesn't always come out in your words...

I promise not to withhold sex to get my way...(maybe)...


I promise to never wear white stretch pants, because they're weird and they don't look good on anyone...

I promise to take care of you when you're sick...

I promise to do the laundry if you do the dishes...


I promise no matter what life throws at us, I will always think of our life together, and remember that I am blessed...











7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pillows!!!!!Love your blog :)

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Those are the perfect vows!

Danielle Curtis said...

Very cute :) Especially the mom jeans. But this is the most important thing you said...

I promise to pick my battles and remember that we're still learning about each other every day...

www.daniellecurtis.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

What a sweet, sweet post to your man! M has already learned that he needs to put the toilet seat down. It's much appreciated. :)

Monica said...

Awww this is a great post! Those are some great vows!

Deidre said...

Aw, I love this post :) my mom is being very insistent that IC and I write our own vows - I think mine will sound quite a bit like this :)

Anonymous said...

So all guys have the issue of not replacing the trash bag I guess? Good to know it's not just mine.

I am also completely repulsed by mayonnaise.

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved