Monday, February 27, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

Per my usual, I have been missing in action for the majority of the month.  Sorry I am really out of excuses for that.  The past few weekends have been jam-packed with things, and this past weekend was no different.  K and I drove 2 hours to the Ikea in West Chester, Ohio on Saturday to look for wedding stuff for our tables (it really is the way to go...). 

True story: the last time the boy allowed me to drag him to Ikea was a year ago right as I was getting over the flu.  The 45 minutes we spent walking the showroom was the most physical activity I had gotten in over a week and it was quite exhausting.  I bought a dresser, 2 standing shelves, and a shelving unit for the bathroom.  By the time we got it home, I was too tired to help him put it together.  Fortunately, K was all too happy to put together my 5 drawer dresser with nothing more than an allen wrench, while I layed down on my bed and alternated between "resting" and reminding him that Ikea was a Swedish-based company every time he said "Damn the Japanese!"  After that, K put a one year ban on any future trips to Ikea.

Anyways, the Ikea ban was lifted just in time for us to pick up several items for our reception tables so we could put together everything and decide what we liked.  I also picked up a new rug for our living room from the Ballard Design outlet that was 5 minutes away....seriously love everything in that store.  We made it home unscathed and without any furniture to assemble, so after a brief 20 minute nap we took showers and went out for a much needed date night to Table Three Ten.

Sunday was another busy day for us being that it was the Trashcar kick-off (for the boy) and the Academy Awards (for me).  After breakfast and a great 3-mile run in beautiful weather, K and I headed to Joseph A. Banks to look for suits for the wedding party.  Sadly, the Daytona 500 was postponed due to rain and we got an extra 4 hours of our lives back, just in time for me to enjoy a Mimosa at Harry's and take the boy with me to go grocery shopping for the week.  It will probably be the last time we hang out for a while since I am seriously thinking of dumping him until the Nascar season is over.  I seriously cannot handle that crap. 

So that was our big weekend, and now it's Monday, so excuse me while I go bang my head against my desk.  In the meantime, here are some funnies for you to enjoy....




someecards.com - I'll do a lot of things for money, but I draw the line at working

someecards.com - I snuck a bunch of booze into work today using my stomach. someecards.com - The mountain of paperwork on my desk makes me envy the trees that died to produce it.


3 comments:

Life In Heels said...

i want to see what you got from ikea!! at least give us some ideas!?

Emily said...

I have to take IKEA in doses... I agree with the 30 Rock bit of it, sometimes it can cause relationship drama cause there are SO many choices!

Amanda said...

These are too funny! C'mon T, let's get back to some regular blogging. I miss your posts!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved