Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's Tuesday and I'm a Nerd

Greetings!  Welcome to my Tuesday...it's pretty random.

First things first....I think it's important for you to know that I am a HUGE loser.  Why, you ask?  Well, aside from the obvious - I feel it's important to tell you that I have read 5...FIVE....books in the last 7 days.  We are not talking about kids books or ones with only pictures.  We are talking about actual full-length novels.  This means that not only am I a giant nerd, I have been neglecting everything in my silly  life.  That includes meals, cleaning house, this blog, and unfortunately my husband as well.

Alternatively, my husband is now on the 3rd chapter of the book he began in mid-November.  He reads exactly seven sentences a night before falling asleep face down on his pillow. Clearly we are cut from 2 different cloths.

Even now, having just finished my most recent book choice, I am wondering what to read next.  I think I may have seen smoke coming off of my Kindle after that last download.  It's begging for rest.  But sadly, I am an addict.  And I am counting on some of my fellow bloggers to help feed my addiction.  How?  Book recommendations.  I need them.  I promise after this last one, I'll quit.  Maybe.



Moving on....

I've had a hankering lately to make a big purchase.  What kind of purchase?  I'm not sure.  I have this itch to by myself something expensive, and have to remind myself daily, "Self, STFU...you just bought a car and need nothing else."  My Self is right.  I don't need anything.  But I want.  I want an expensive pair of sunglasses, a purse, a watch, new clothes, and to lose 10 lbs.

Okay, that last thing isn't a purchase, but I still want it.



Have I come into money?  No.  Did I have a blow out commission in December?  Not so much.  The only explanation is that I've lost my mind.  Buying expensive things like that is so. not. me.  It's like I woke up on January 1 with an urge to set all my money on fire and read a bunch of crap.  Who am I?



Lastly, now that it is January and I am setting nicely into my seasonal affective disorder, I am hankering for a vacation to somewhere warm.  I need vitamin D in my life!  But alas we've come full circle because if I book a vacation, I'm going to want to buy expensive things to take on said vacation where I will ultimately lay on a lounge chair and read my books.  Clearly there is no helping me.



That's pretty much all I got today.  I'm really sorry if you read this whole post.  It's was weird and random.  I blame it on the Novocaine from the cavity I had filled earlier.  I always ask for extra shots!







1 comments:

Monica said...

Haha I have had the urge to buy something too! I am so ready for some vitamin D in my life I can't wait for my holiday. Maybe you should use that urge to buy something and book a holiday!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved