Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sissy's 30th Birthday Gift

This past Saturday, my sister had the misfortune of turning 30.  Not only was this a terrifying event for her, but it was a stark reminder that I will be following in her footsteps in approximately 13 months.  Excuse me while I go get Botox now.

While we spent the better part of Saturday mourning the loss of Brynn's 20s, we kicked off the evening by drinking some vino and opening presents.  Before I get into the details of the evening (that will be a separate post), I figured I would give you some details on the fun gift idea I did to celebrate her 30th.

I struggled with figuring out what the "right" gift was since it is kind of a big-deal birthday, and I am a big believer in celebrating birthdays (I mean, what other day of the year is it all about you??).  I found an awesome gift idea from this blog and tried to tweak it to make it perfect for my sister.

I included a card with my gift that read something to the effect of "Now that you're 30...and a mom, you may be wondering where all the years went!  Here is a little emergency kit for when you need to feel young!"

Along with the card was a gift basket filled with individual gifts to make sis feel like a kid (sort of).



I got a black wicker basket she can re-use along with wrapping and gift tags at Hobby Lobby.




Play at Bath time!  In this box I included a bunch of Bath Bombs from Lush, and a loofah & rubber duckie from Bath & Body Works.



Play Dress Up!  I got her a beautiful necklace from Banana Republic (that I really wanted for myself!).




Have a Slumber Party!  This box had a super cute PJ set from Vicky's Secret :-)



Give Yourself a Makeover! I included a bottle of OPI nail polish, a new lip gloss from Bobbi Brown, and a new cream eye shadow stick also from Bobbi Brown.



When all else fails, have a glass of wine!  Duh - I included a bottle of Conundrum, one of sissy's faves.


I have to admit, it was sort of fun trying to think of things to include and in the end I think it turned out perfect.  Plus, it would be a great gift for a range of budgets since you can scale up or scale back however you like.  Plus, who doesn't want to feel young every now and then!


9 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like great gift ideas! Love the wrap too!


Brooke


=)

Rachel said...

What a CUTE gift basket! I love this idea!!

online florist said...

Frequently visiting the great info is visible in this website that to using the great info is visible in this blog. Thanks a lot for providing the great info is visible in this blog that to sharing the great technology in this website.
florists online

gifts to delhi said...

what a cute gift.I really like this.I will give this gifts to my friends.

Unknown said...

Wow it is so cute and nice gift. Thank you for shearing it helps me more. I want to send birthday gifts to India

Anonymous said...

I’d like to go to your blog extra usually however currently it seems to be taking
perpetually to come back up. I visit from work, and our connection there's pretty good. Do you think the problem could possibly be in your finish?

Feel free to visit my weblog - i'm having trouble getting pregnant

Anonymous said...

How much would this all cost?

Anonymous said...

Is this quick and easy if a birthday was like in a couple of days and needed a birthday gift quickly.

Anonymous said...

Free Birthday Gifts! Enjoy It's now! Hurry Up! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved