Monday, May 21, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

Howdy y'all! Remember a few weeks ago when I was talking all about how Miranda's wedding weekend was coming up and I promised to post pictures? Well here I am, making good on that promise. Unfortunately for me, I did not make good on the promise I made to myself to take TONS of pictures of everything from the bridesmaid luncheon to the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony.....mostly I just have "getting ready" and reception photos to choose from. Here goes!


Me, Miranda, and Whit at the bridemaid luncheon

"Special Bridesmaid" ring dish :)

Miranda holding her bridesmaid charm cake!  So cute!

I pulled the "Guardian Angel" charm from the cake...it means, you guessed it, I have a guardian angel!

My hairdo for the day...cute from the back...not so cute from the front :(


Miranda's hair...gorgeous!!

Stunning!

Ain't she purrrty?!

Wedding cake..."lovebirds" theme throughout the reception...

Candle arrangement when you walked into the reception

Pics of the bride and groom with candles and little details like this all over the venue...it was very pretty!

Seating chart...notice the "lovebirds" in the tree?

Me and the boy...6 weeks to go!!

Miranda and Brian during all the toasts!

One of 4 toast-givers...I totally held it together...sort of...

First dance...Van Morrison's "Crazy Love"  which was on our short list for first dance songs too!  It was lovely!


Okay, so for serious...wasn't Miranda a beautiful bride?  It was most definitely a jam-packed weekend, starting with the Bridesmaid Luncheon on Friday morning and ending in the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner that evening.  On Friday night, Whit and I stayed downtown at the Hilton with Miranda and woke up bright and early for a full day of mimosas and primping before the big event.  Everything went off without a hitch and the reception was stunning!  Miranda did a great job of paying attention to the little details, and in such a big venue with so many different rooms and spaces, there was not any areas that weren't decorated in some way.  I can't wait to see the photgrapher's photos from the day :).

It was such an honor to be part of Miranda and Brian's big day, and even though everything was beautiful, I still think the highlight of my (and I think it's safe to say it was the highlight for the other bridesmaids as well) experience that weekend was when the other bridesmaids and myself (6 of us total) got to help Miranda go to the bathroom...twice.  Yes, that would be 4 girls to hold up the tulle, one to hold the train, and one to pull the underwear up and down.  Ah, that's what friends are for!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

Loving these pictures! The lovebirds theme was so cute. Can't believe how close your wedding is!!!

JMB said...

Loving the pretty pictures! It's ALMOST time for your special day, child!! whooohooo!

Post a Comment



Life, Love and the Pursuit of Chocolate

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved